Bisping Not Fighting At UFC London
Following two straight devastating losses in under a month, Michael Bisping has decided to not return to the Octagon on March 17th in London.
On Tuesday, the former Middleweight champion told his followers on social media to not buy tickets to see him on March 17th.
Don’t buy tickets to see me fight in London. I’m not fighting. Just spoke with ufc.
— michael (@bisping) January 30, 2018
Bisping, who lost at UFC 217 to Georges St. Pierre to lose his middleweight title, then would step in for Anderson Silva and suffer another loss to Kelvin Gastelum at UFC Shanghai, was on the fence for a return at UFC London.
Bisping said last week on his podcast, want him to just retire and not take another bout.
“I’m just debating whether or not I take the fight,” Bisping said on the “Believe You Me” podcast.
“For me, whether or not those people can see, I have a bad eye. I have a bad eye and my wife doesn’t want me to continue fighting, and my manager doesn’t want me to continue fighting. I see out of that eye but not as well as I used to, and I’m still a young man so it’s kind of the reason I may hang the gloves up. My wife and manager and friends and people close to me say, ‘Mike, what do you want to do that for? You’ve done it. You’ve had the belt.’ I’ve done it. I’ve done what I set out to achieve.”
Considered to be one of the more popular fighters in MMA, Bisping was looking at the March 17th event to be his swan song, but now it seems it will be a bit longer till the final fight of the “Count.”