Hearn Gives Wilder-Joshua A 70% Chance Of Happening
As the contract saga between Anthony Joshua and Deontay Wilder rages on, Eddie Hearn claims “positive conversations” are ongoing between the two camps.
With Wilder’s $50 million offer still on the table, Hearn was asked by Sky Sports on the odds of the fight going down, Hearn claimed it was “70 percent” likely.
“Their side has been very vocal in letting the media know about everything that is happening.
“We’ve had some positive conversations over the past day or so.
Wilder’s $50 million offer, which would be validated by his representative Shelly Finkel, has made the fight “closer” to being a reality, according to Hearn.
“I will go back with some very simple questions, which hopefully they can answer, to put us in a position to know whether it is worth talking,” Hearn said earlier this week.
“We sent them [on Tuesday] night,” Hearn said. “They can’t not answer those questions.
“I believe they want to make the fight.”
Alexander Povetkin, who is the mandatory challenger to Joshua’s WBA belt, and Jarrell Miller, are the two other fighters brought up for a clash with Wilder. And while Povetkin is currently in the pole position, Hearn claimed that even though “Povetkin is the guy we have to fight next,” “if we fight Wilder, Povetkin will wait.
“We are talking to Miller, but mainly we are talking to Povetkin because he is the guy we’ll have to fight if we don’t fight Wilder.”
Original Story: Sky Sports