Joshua Beats Canelo As Top Earner
Canelo Alvarez is no longer the top earner in boxing, as British heavyweight Anthony Joshua has taken the top spot.
Forbes posted their most recent list of the highest earners in Boxing, and with his $25 million payday for his victory over Joseph Parker, Joshua has taken the top spot on the list.
Alvarez fell to third on the list, behind his rival Gennady Golovkin, who knocked out replacement opponent Vanes Martirosyan on May 5th.
Here’s the current top 15 earners per Forbes Josh Katzowitz
1.Anthony Joshua (Up from 2nd)
2. Gennady Golovkin (Up from 3rd)
3. Canelo Alvarez (Down from 1st)
4. Vasyl Lomachenko (Non-mover)
5. Deontay Wilder (Up from 7th)
6. Errol Spence (Down from 5th)
7. Terence Crawford (Down from 6th)
8. Sergey Kovalev (Non-mover)
9. Daniel Jacobs (Non-mover)
10. Mikey Garcia (Non-mover)
11. Jermall Charlo (Up from 14th)
12. Jermell Charlo (Up from 13th)
13. Adrien Broner (First time on the list)
14. Srisaket Sor Rungvisai (Down from 11th)
15. Keith Thurman (Down from 12th)
Joshua’s earning power may grow exponentially, with rumors of an £100 million extension from Matchroom Boxing, and a $50 million dollar offer from Deontay Wilder for a heavyweight unification match, it can be expected to see the British boxer atop that list for the near future.
Alvarez will more than likely take the number two spot, as his suspension is set to end in August and lead to a rematch with Gennady Golovkin.