Joshua Set To Give Counter Offer To Wilder

After talks in New York were stalled last week, Anthony Joshua and Eddie Hearn are mulling a counter proposal to Deontay Wilder’s $50 million offer.

“We can’t agree a deal until we have a dozen very important questions answered,” Hearn told Sky Sports News on Monday.

“I will go back with some very simple questions, which hopefully they can answer, to put us in a position to know whether it is worth talking.

“I work for Joshua, he is my boss! If he tells me to make a fight, it is my job to make the fight.

One of the questions set by Hearn is where the fight would be, especially if the $50 million offer comes through.

“The gamble from their side is that they want Joshua in their backyard, in America, they want to beat him, and become undisputed champion.”

“If it’s in the UK the offer becomes more attractive. If it’s in America, we can still do that, but we need to talk about these things.”

 

Hearn told SKY Sports this week that while Wilder’s team made the $50 million offer, he “went back and asked for the terms of the contract, which was denied.

“We had a meeting last Friday which was cancelled. They didn’t want to have a meeting because it was non-productive.”

 

Original Story: SKY Sports

 

You might also like

GET NEWS AND HIGHLIGHTS!

Our Newsletter Covers Boxing, MMA, Kickboxing, Martial Arts and More!

GET NEWS AND HIGHLIGHTS!

Our Newsletter Covers Boxing, MMA, Kickboxing, Martial Arts and More!