Pacquiao Blasts “Old Man Arum” Over Rumors

Manny Pacquiao is fighting back against the rumors of his return fight against Lucas Matthysse being postponed.

Pacquiao, the lead promoter for the event on July 15th in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, and allegedly his company MP Promotions have missed significant financial deadlines heading into the event.

The event was originally set to air in the United States on ESPN Pay-Per-View, but due to certain deadlines not being met, cannot happen. Top Rank founder, Bob Arum, who was set to distribute the event in the United States, claimed it will most likely air on ESPN or ESPN+

Pacquiao and Arum have been in the midst of a war through the media about the Filipino’s contract status, and has reaffirmed that all financial deadlines have been met and nothing will stop the contest from taking place.

“MP Promotions had already settled the financial issues. Last Monday, we sent the initial payment to the Golden Boy Promotions and the Matthysse Camp. The remaining amount will be released as scheduled,” Pacquiao said to Philboxing.com.

“We are now on the final phase of our preparations for the July 15 bout. Both of us are preparing hard. I don’t want to predict the outcome but I feel this fight will not last the full distance. May the best man win.

“Despite our efforts, there are still some individuals who wanted to sabotage the fight. I am saddened, but not affected, by what they are doing. May God enlighten their minds and soften their hearts.

“Just ignore what he (Arum) said. He is already an old man. Let’s respect him,” Pacquiao said.

 

Original Report: PhilBoxing.com

You might also like

GET NEWS AND HIGHLIGHTS!

Our Newsletter Covers Boxing, MMA, Kickboxing, Martial Arts and More!

GET NEWS AND HIGHLIGHTS!

Our Newsletter Covers Boxing, MMA, Kickboxing, Martial Arts and More!