Pacquiao Claims No Decision Made On Freddie Roach

Last week it seemed the nearly two decade relationship between Manny Pacquiao and Freddie Roach would end, but the Filipino fighter claims he has not made a decision as of yet.

Pacquiao took to Instagram to dismiss a report made by his manager Michael Koncz, that he would not be utilizing Roach’s services for his fight with Lucas Matthysse.

Koncz told members of the media that Pacquiao’s longtime friend, Buboy Fernandez, would assume responsiblity for training Pacquiao for the fight set for July 14th in Kuala Lumpur.

Roach said on Friday: “I would be lying if I didn’t say I wasn’t hurt that he didn’t contact me personally about his decision, but the great times we enjoyed together far outweigh that.”

 

“Contrary to statements which I personally did not make that are circulating in the media, I have not made my final decision who will be my head trainer for my July 14 fight with Matthysse,” Pacquiao said.

“When that decision is made, Freddie will be the first one to be informed and then I will advise the media,” the 39-year-old added.

 

Original Story: Sky Sports

You might also like