It is time for the weekend and time for the fights you need to plan your social schedule around for August 4th and 5th!
Claressa Shields vs. Nikki Adler
— SHOWTIME SPORTS (@SHOsports) August 4, 2017
The Two time Olympian Claressa Shields looks to win her first world title against Nikki Adler. Shields who was interviewed here on FIGHT SPORTS wants to make a major impression in Detroit, just a few miles from her hometown of Flint. Shields has been in just four pro fights, but has impressed enough to battle the German born Adler for the WBC and IBF Super Middleweight Championships. This fight plus a super banthamweight card between Vladmir Tikhonov and Jesse Angel Fernandez will be televised, with the rest of the card only available for the audience in attendance at the MGM Grand Detroit.
UFC Fight Night 114: Mexico City
Rashad Evans faces off against Sam Alvey as part of a six match main card which will see the younger brother of Anthony Pettis, Sergio faces off against Brandon Moreno in a Flyweight division main event.
- Sergio Pettis (126) vs. Brandon Moreno (126)
- Alexa Grasso (119)* vs. Randa Markos (116)
- Alan Jouban (171) vs. Niko Price (170)
- Humberto Bandenay (146) vs. Martin Bravo (145)
- Sam Alvey (186) vs. Rashad Evans (186)
- Alejandro Perez (135) vs. Andre Soukhamthath (136)
- Jack Hermansson (185) vs. Brad Scott (185)
- Dustin Ortiz (125) vs. Hector Sandoval (126)
- Henry Briones (136) vs. Rani Yahya (136)
- Jose Quinonez (135) vs. Diego Rivas (136)
- Joseph Morales (125) vs. Roberto Sanchez (126)
- Alvaro Herrera (156) vs. Jordan Rinaldi (156)
* – Grasso missed weight and was fined 20 percent of her purse
WBO junior lightweight championship fight
Vasyl Lomachenko vs. Miguel Marriaga
The undefeated Lomachenko looks to stand out in his next defense as he faces Miguel Marriaga. Marriaga, coming off of a tough loss to Oscar Valdez is looking for redemption on the big stage.