Following his removal from UFC’s Fight Night in Sydney, Mark Hunt went off on the UFC and Dana White on his Instagram page, Wednesday.
On Thursday Dana White spoke with the UFC regarding the situation, and its not anything new for the UFC President.
“He’s always going off on me.”
The UFC yanked Hunt from the main event fight with Marcin Tybura on Nov. 19 out of concern due to a piece published for Players Voice in Australia. Fabricio Werdum will replace Hunt in the bout.
“My body is f**ked but my mind is still here… I’ve still got my senses about me and I know what’s right and wrong, which is the main thing. Sometimes I don’t sleep well. You can hear me starting to stutter and slur my words. My memory is not that good anymore. I’ll forget something I did yesterday but I can remember the s**t I did years and years ago.”
Hunt said in further Instagram posts that the interview he did for Players Voice was taken out of context and he was misquoted. He believes he is being pulled from the fight since he has an ongoing lawsuit against the UFC for criminal conspiracy, among other things, stemming from Brock Lesnar’s positive drug test at UFC 200 last year.
White confirmed to TMZ that Hunt was taken out of the fight for safety reasons.
“Listen, sometimes you gotta protect these guys from themselves and that’s what we’re looking into right now. he made a statement that I’ve hated him forever,” White said. “I don’t hate Mark Hunt at all. I never hated Mark Hunt. He knows that. I was actually really good with Mark Hunt.”
“I don’t expect an apology at all, no.”