After becoming the younger fighter to sign with the UFC, Raul Rosas Jr will also become the youngest fighter to compete in the octagon.
Rosas will meet his first UFC opponent Jay Perrin in a bantamweight bout at UFC 282 on December 10. The matchup was announced by Iridium Sports Agency, who manages both Rosas and Perrin.
🚨 #TeamIridium Fight News 🚨
— IridiumSportsAgency (@TeamIridiumISA) October 26, 2022
Seventeen-year-old Rosas secured his UFC contract after defeating 25-year-old Mando Gutierrez in Dana White’s Contender Series event in September.
After the win and signing, Rosas announced that his goal is to become a champion by 20 years old, which would break former light heavyweight champion Jon Jones’ long-standing record for the youngest-ever champion.
“I’m the new king in here, so I’m coming for that belt now. … I’m gonna be champion when I’m 20. Respect to everybody, but I’m gonna be champion when I’m 20, or even earlier. Nobody is gonna stop me,” Rosas previously said.
Here’s the projected fights for UFC 282:
- Jiří Procházka (C) vs. Glover Teixeira (light heavyweight championship main event)
- Jan Blachowicz vs. Magomed Ankalaev (light heavyweight)
- Darren Till vs. Dricus Du Plessis (middleweight)
- Bryce Mitchell vs. Ilia Topuria (featherweight)
- Paddy Pimblett vs. Jared Gordon (lightweight)
- Jairzinho Rozenstruik vs. Chris Daukaus (heavyweight)
- Robbie Lawler vs. Santiago Ponzinibbio (welterweight)
- Alexander Gustafsson vs. Ovince Saint Preux (light heavyweight)
- Chris Curtis vs. Joaquin Buckley (middleweight)
- Raul Rosas Jr. vs. Jay Perrin (bantamweight)
- Edmen Shahbazyan vs. Dalcha Lungiambula (middleweight)
- Billy Quarantillo vs. Alexander Hernandez (featherweight)
- TJ Brown vs. Erik Silva (featherweight)
- Daniel da Silva vs. Vinicius Salvador (flyweight)
- Ronnie Lawrence vs. Cameron Saaiman (bantamweight)