Aaron Chalmers Mentally Prepares For Floyd Mayweather

After being chosen as Floyd Mayweather’s next opponent, former reality TV star and Bellator MMA welterweight, Aaron Chalmers confesses that the match is “like a movie.”

On February 25, they will square off in an exhibition match at London’s O2 Arena. This will be Mayweather’s first fight in the United Kingdom.

In 2014, Chalmers became a member of Geordie Shore, three years before beginning an MMA career that would see him compete seven times, the last four of which were in the Bellator organization. Additionally, he defeated Alexander Zeledon on points in his boxing debut back in June.

“It’s like a movie,” Chalmers told Sky Sports News. “It’s these things I can’t even put into words.

“Imagine last year I put a bet on myself fighting Floyd Mayweather, I would’ve probably got 500,000/1 on that. These things never happen, so I’m just rolling with it.”

The opportunity to spar with Floyd Mayweather, widely considered one of the greatest boxers of all time, is a scary prospect that the 35-year-old is fully aware of.

“I could have sleepless nights and worry, but at the end of the day it’s still going to happen. I’m just taking it as it comes,” said Chalmers.

“I know I’m going to get hit many times, so I’m more excited than nervous.”

“It puts us on a pedestal to get big, big fights after. That’s all I’ve ever wanted. Everything I do now is for my kids so the more big fights I get, the better.”

You might also like

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More