Abdelaziz Banned From PFL Events Following Kawa Incident
Last week during the first event of the PFL Playoffs, Ali Abdelaziz got into a physical altercation with Abe Kawa, a fellow MMA agent.
Abdelaziz, who was the former matchmaker and an executive for the PFL’s previous iteration, the World Series Of Fighting, has been banned from attending any of their events following his second act of violence this year.
As reported earlier this week, Abdelaziz was cited by the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department for battery for his striking of Kawa, which has brought upon his banning.
“At league direction, Ali Abdelaziz will not be attending upcoming postseason events,” the PFL told ESPN in a released statement. “Given the fact this is a legal matter, the league has no further comment at this time.”
While Abdelaziz has not been formally charged for the incident, he said to ESPN that he did not want to make the event about “him.”
“I spoke to PFL executives earlier this week and I don’t want this story to be about me,” Abdelaziz said. “The focus should be on my athletes in the PFL. I have 10 athletes fighting on Thursday and we made sure everybody made weight and has everything they need. I continue to support my athletes.”
The first incident brought by Abdelaziz was when he and UFC welterweight champion Kamaru Usman got into a physical altercation with Colby Covington while on-line for a breakfast buffet in Las Vegas.
The agent is listed as a defendant in a misdemeanor battery case by an individual named Michael Johnson, who claimed to be a part of Covington’s team, the trial date for the case is set for November 25th.