All PFL Champions To Return For Upcoming Third Season
Ever since Rory MacDonald signed with the Professional Fighters League, fans have been craving for a bout against Ray Cooper III. Now, that is possible, as the PFL announced all six champions will be returning for next season.
- Featherweight Champion Lance Palmer
- Women’s Lightweight Champion Kayla Harrison
- Welterweight Champion Ray Cooper III
- Light Heavyweight Champion Emiliano Sordi
- Men’s Lightweight Champion Natan Schulte
- Heavyweight Champion Ali Isaev
Only Palmer and Schulte are repeat champions. Only three champions from the first year did not return this past season; 2018 Heavyweight Champion Philipe Lins now fights in the UFC, Sean O’Connell retired after winning the Light Heavyweight Championship and Middleweight Champion Louis Taylor withdrew from the tournament after not being cleared.
The PFL made sure to secure its champions after announcing it would gut over 50% of its roster. New signees will come via free agency and the International Qualifier Series currently taking place across the world. The 2020 season is expected to start around May.