Amanda Nunes Was Never Going To Fight Me At UFC 265, Says Julianna Peña
Julianna Peña has claimed that Amanda Nunes, who pulled out of their UFC 265 bout after testing positive for Covid-19, had never intended to fight her in the first place.
This isn’t first time Peña has accused Nunes of intentionally delaying their fight.
Speaking to Ariel Helwani on The MMA Hour podcast on Wednesday, Peña reminded the MMA journalist of how she had predicted Nunes’ withdrawal before the champion pulled out.
“I’m not surprised. Didn’t I tell you that was gonna happen in the promo? I literally said she was not gonna make the fight. I literally said ‘if it happens because I doubt that it will.’ So so far, my predictions have been dead on. You can call me Nostradamus,” Peña said.
She claimed that Nunes kept posting pictures of cakes on her social media, which is far from what a fighter eats days before their title fight.
“And I just had a feeling it wasn’t gonna happen in general,” she added.
“Because every time she’s posting, it’s like, chocolate cake and all sorts of goodies that you normally wouldn’t be eating in a fight camp. So I was just like, ‘She’s just probably on the couch eating chocolate cake and was like, ‘What?! The fight’s next week?! Aw, nah, nah, I got COVID.’”