Amir Khan Warns McGregor About Making A UFC Return – ‘McGregor’s Hunger Has Died’

Amir Khan says Conor McGregor has lost his hunger, warning the UFC fighter about making a return. 

McGregor’s UFC future is up in the air. He has not fought since losing to Dustin Poirier at UFC 264 in 2021. The Notorious suffered a broken leg, which was potentially career-threatening. But he is targeting a comeback this year against Michael Chandler. So far, those attempts have failed. 

Dana White shut down McGregor’s New Year announcement when he stated a fight date for Chandler on June 29. McGregor’s extensive wealth, reportedly over $250 million from just the UFC alone, means the fighter may be in no rush to return. 

He is currently promoting his new film ‘Road House’, where he stars alongside Jake Gyllenhaal. The film comes out on March 21 via Amazon Prime Video, showing McGregor has plenty to keep himself occupied with. Khan was clear that McGregor’s motivation may no longer be there. 

“One hundred per cent McGregor’s hunger has died, you can see it. He might do a training session but then he’s more chilling, galavanting and enjoying himself than he is killing himself in the gym. That focus and fire in his eyes is gone. But he’s probably in the same boat as me, people only see him as a fighter and he wants to fight for the people and put on a good show. But that’s when you get hurt or have a bad performance, that’s when you realise, ‘this isn’t for me anymore,” Khan said

 

You might also like

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More