Errol Spence Jr Vs. Terence Crawford Undisputed Fight At Risk

Errol Spence Jr vs Terence Crawford might be delayed.

The anticipated undisputed welterweight championship fight is reportedly in jeopardy of being postponed to happen in either December or January, instead of November 19, the original targeted date, sources told ESPN.

It was reported earlier this month that the two undefeated boxers had agreed to terms, but Crawford reportedly wants full transparency on event expenses since the contract contains no guaranteed purse.

Sources added that since Crawford will earn a percentage of the net revenue, he wants the ability to approve expenses.

The WBO champion is a promotional free agent ever since splitting with Top Rank last November, following his TKO win over Shawn Porter.

Amp Ad

The deal also reportedly includes a bilateral rematch clause. If triggered, the winner will earn the majority of the revenue in the second bout.

Spence last fought in April and took out Yordenis Ugas for his WBA Super title. After this fight, Spence responded to Crawford’s repeated callouts.

When Crawford announced his departure from Top Rank, the Nebraska native said one of the reasons was because they were never able to secure a fight with the welterweight division’s top talents, including Spence.

Spence is signed with Al Haymon’s PBC.

In May, at the Gervonta Davis vs Rolando Romero fight, Spence told FIGHT SPORTS that if the fight doesn’t happen, it’s not on him.

BoxingErrol Spence Jr.FIGHT SPORTSfightsslivelivefightsTerence Crawford