Bellator 194 Injury Suspensions
After a disappointing loss to Vadim Nemkov at Bellator 194, Liam McGeary will need a doctor’s permission to fight to end an indefinite suspension.
Per a report from MMAJunkie released on Monday, McGeary even if cleared by a doctor, will have to sit out 90 days minimum due to his knee buckling from a barrage of leg kicks on February 16th.
The suspensions handed out via the Mohegan Tribe Department of Athletic Regulation, who oversaw the event which featured Roy Nelson battling Matt Mitrione in the main event at the Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Connecticut.
Joining McGeary on the indefinitely suspended list is Derek Campos, Tyler Hamilton, and Geoffrey Then, for injuries or issues related to the fight being stopped by an official.
The full list of medical suspensions for Bellator 194 includes:
- Roy Nelson: suspended 45 days due to a laceration
- Derek Campos: suspended indefinitely until cleared by a neurologist; also needs clearance by a maxillofacial doctor due to a possible orbital fracture
- Vadim Nemkov: suspended 45 days due to a contusion
- Liam McGeary: suspended indefinitely until cleared by an orthopedist due to a possible left-knee injury; even if cleared, suspended 90 days
- Jose Perez: suspended 30 days for precautionary reasons
- Geoffrey Then: suspended indefinitely until cleared by a neurologist with an MRI; even if cleared, suspended 90 days
- Thomas English: suspended 60 days and needs neurological clearance for precautionary reasons
- Peter Nascimento: suspended 30 days for precautionary reasons
- Tyler Hamilton: suspended indefinitely until cleared by an orthopedist due to a left MCL strain; even if cleared, suspended 90 day
Original Story: MMA Junkie