The Bellator 284 was held at the Sanford Pentagon in South Dakota on Friday, August 12. The headliners of the evening were two of the division’s best grapplers, Neiman Gracie and Goiti Yamauchi.
Their fight saw several exchanges on the ground. Yamauchi showed respect when he did not go down on Gracie’s guard and let him get up twice.
Yamauchi was better at striking and served several brutal punches in the first round, with the following takedown.
In the second round, Yamauchi started to read Gracie’s standing movement. Yamauchi put his hands down, and when Neiman began to attack, Yamauchi welcomed with a brutal uppercut and finished the fight immediately.
It was the fourth loss for Gracie, but the first one with a finisher. It was the third KO victory for Yamauchi.
Another spectacular fight was held between Austin Vanderford and Aaron Jeffery. Jeffery was not ranked in the Bellator, while Vanderford was the #2 ranked fighter and former title challenger, who had only one loss in his career against the champion Gegard Mousasi.
Jeffery earned his second victory in Bellator MMA and probably earned the second position in the rankings after earning a first-round KO.
Check the rest of the results down below:
• Goiti Yamauchi def Neiman Gracie KO/TKO, 3:58 R2
• V. Moldavsky vs. Steve Mowry Ends in a No Contest
• I. Macfarlane def Bruna Ellen Unanimous Dec
• Gokhan Saricam def Said Sowma Split Dec
• Aaron Jeffery def Austin Vanderford KO/TKO, 1:25 R1
• Marcos Breno def Josh Hill Unanimous Dec
• DeAnna Bennett def Justine Kish Unanimous Dec
• Sullivan Cauley def Tyson Jeffries KO/TKO, 1:39 R1
• Patrick Downey def Keyes Nelson Sub, 0:36 R1
• B. Schoenfelder def Mark Currier Sub, 2:35 R2
• Mitchell McKee def Tony Ortega KO/TKO, 1:28 R2
• M,A, Yah Li def Brett Bye Unanimous Dec