Bob Arum Says Terence Crawford Is Not A PPV Draw, Lost Money On ‘Every Fight’

Terence Crawford is one of the best fighters “in the world,” but for some reason he is not a pay-per-view draw.

That’s what Top Rank CEO Bob Arum told talkSPORT when asked if he thinks he’ll work with Crawford, the WBO welterweight champion, going forward.

“We’ve put him in the best fights we can, unfortunately we’ve lost money on every fight that he’s done, and he keeps insisting — and I can understand his point of view — ‘I’m the best, I should get paid like the best,’ so if somebody is willing to come and put up the money that Crawford is demanding he should do a fight for some other promoter if he’s gonna make more money,” Arum said.

After Crawford’s technical knockout win over former welterweight champion Shawn Porter on November 20, Crawford announced during the post-fight press conference that he is moving on from Top Rank and wishes everyone the best.

Arum, who was sitting next to Crawford, had no visible reaction.

Crawford explained that Top Rank has been unable to secure fights for him, including one with Errol Spence Jr., the IBF and WBC welterweight champion who is signed with Premier Boxing Champions.

Porter was the first of elite fighters from PBC that Crawford and Top Rank were able to secure.

Arum previously said that the Crawford-Porter fight would have pay-per-views “as low as 500,000 and as high as 1,500,00,” but reports show the fight drew in 135,000 PPV buys.

Over three pay-per-views, Crawford has brought in 350,000.

Crawford was with Top Rank since 2011. He signed an extension in 2018, citing that it was because of the partnership between Top Rank and ESPN.

“We’re really at the limit of what we can pay him and maybe somebody will pay him more and will be able to make a profit, which obviously it’s a business, and so be it,” Arum added.

You might also like

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More