Brown-Baeza Added To May 16 UFC Card
Another fight has been rebooked for the UFC’s return to action this month. On May 16, Matt Brown and Miguel Baeza will once again be looking to face one another.
The two were supposed to fight at UFC Columbus on March 28 but the event was postponed due to the coronavirus. In a post on social media, the UFC broke the news that the fight was back on.
— UFC (@ufc) May 4, 2020
Brown (22-16) is on a two-fight win streak. After beating Diego Sanchez in 2017 via knockout, Brown took time off after tearing his ACL. He returned last December at UFC 245, beating Ben Saunders via knockout.
Baeza (8-0) won his first major fight with the UFC back in October, beating Hector Aldana via TKO. Before that, he was on Dana White’s Contender Series. Six of his eight wins have come via some form of knockout.
Here is the updated lineup for the May 16 card:
- Alistair Overeem v. Walt Harris
- Claudia Gadelha v. Angela Hill
- Song Yadong and Marlon Vera
- Eryk Anders v. Krzysztof Jotko
- Edson Barboza v. Dan Ige
- Darren Elkins v. Nate Landwehr
- Cortney Casey v. Mara Romero Borella
- Rodrigo Nascimento v. Don’Tale Mayes
- Giga Chikadze v. Mike Davis
- Anthony Hernandez v. Kevin Holland
- Matt Brown v. Miguel Baeza