Canelo Alvarez Eyes Dmitry Bivol Rematch After Getting Past Gennadiy Golovkin

The four-division world champion, Saul “Canelo” Alvarez has still got the Dmitry Bivol rematch on his mind despite him being scheduled to fight his old rival Gennadiy Golovkin in a trilogy fight this September 17.

Canelo (57-2-2, 39 KOs) was outclassed in his quest to become a record five-weight champion by Bivol, the WBA Super World light heavyweight titlist earlier this year. The Russian fighter kept Canelo at the bay during the whole bout and won the unanimous decision in his favor at the end of the tiring 12 rounds on the night.

“Of course, nobody likes to lose. I told Eddie [Hearn] after the fight, ‘I want the rematch with Bivol in September.’ Now, I have to fight with Golovkin. I’ll fight with Golovkin, and then we can see,” Canelo told media.

“I don’t know when, I don’t know where, but I want that fight for sure.”

Following the fight, the Mexican icon was scrutinized by many boxing pundits for his performance.

The loss also saw Canelo getting demoted from the throne of the pound-for-pound king, with Japan’s Naoya Inoue taking his place at the top. Canelo himself admitted that he wasn’t at his best and that he needed to exhibit more ring IQ, a trademark quality associated with the Mexican icon over the years.

“I always learn from a win and especially from a loss. I’m the type of person that tries to get better and better,” said Canelo.

“I just watched that fight two times, and but I just got tired.

“I tried to do something, but my body wouldn’t respond. I need to move forward, win this fight [with Golovkin] first, and then we can talk about that.”

You might also like

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

buy ivermectin for humans ivermectin for sale