Chandler To Attend UFC 303 Despite McGregor Fight Falling Through

Michael Chandler will still attend UFC 303 despite his fight with Conor McGregor not going ahead.

The June 29 clash was called off after McGregor withdrew with an injury. Alex Pereira vs. Jiri Prochazka will headline the event instead. It was a massive blow for Chandler, who had been waiting for the fight since their rivalry on the TUF 31 series. Chandler chose to pursue the McGregor fight and not remain active in search of a big purse.

His last UFC fight was in 2022 when he lost to Dustin Poirier, who defeated McGregor in his previous bout. Dana White has said Chandler still wants to pursue the McGregor fight, as reports indicate it could take place at The Sphere in Las Vegas. While there are no guarantees, Chandler has said he will continue to put in the groundwork and remain optimistic. His appearance will help build up the fight and keep fans interested.

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by Michael Chandler (@mikechandlermma)

“UFC Fan Experience, UFC 303: Alex Pereira vs. Jiri Prochazka, and just six days ago it was McGregor vs. Chandler. It’s my card. It was my card when I signed the bout agreement, signed my name to a piece of paper stating that I would be at UFC 303. I made a promise, I made a commitment and that commitment still stands because your word is your bond.

“Without your word, you are no good. If you can not be relied upon, if people don’t believe that you’re going to follow through with what you say you’re going to do, the definition of ‘integrity’ is doing what you say you’re going to do without fail. So yes, I will be at UFC 303. No, I will not be fighting at UFC 303. But I’m going to see through to my commitment,” Chandler said

Reaction

You might also like

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More