Charles Oliveira’s Next Opponent To Be Announced In 10 Days
Charles Oliveira might have a few options for his next fight.
According to Diego Lima, the coach of Chute Boxe, Oliveira’s top choice is fighting Conor McGregor in Brazil. The fallback option would be Islam Makhachev in Brazil.
Oliveira said to Combate TV last Friday in Las Vegas that he would agree to a bout with Makhachev in Abu Dhabi provided the UFC satisfied his financial needs.
“It would be great to fight in Brazil against Conor. Everybody knows I’m interested in that fight because of the money and business,” he said.
“But if UFC really wants that fight with Makhachev, just put [enough] money in my bank account so that I´ll fight no matter the location. I´m professional, I´m the champion, I’ll fight.”
“We had a few meetings, all of which were very productive,” Lima said.
“We left there very satisfied, and in about 10 days UFC must announce their final decision, which is among the options that we have already discussed. What the UFC announces will be fine by us.”
Charles Oliveira is the former champion, but was stripped of his belt after missing weight at UFC 274. He went on to defeat Justin Gaethje by submission, but was not able to win back the title then.
UFC President Dana White previously promised that Oliveira will be prioritized for the next title shot of the vacant belt.