Chavez Jr. Defends Self After Suspension
Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. says he is not a cheater and is willing to submit himself to any drug test.
Chavez was temporarily suspended by the Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) earlier this week after failing to submit to a drug test.
Chavez allegedly was surprised by a representative of the Voluntary Anti-Doping Association (VADA) at the Wild Card Boxing Gym in California.
Chavez’s claim of the story is different, however, alleging that the VADA agent did not follow proper protocol and was not credentialed.
“I have nothing to hide. I’m ready for any test,” Chavez told ESPN Deportes. “The anti-doping guy came here [to the Wild Card] angry. He did not show any credentials as they are supposed to do. Any day I can do the test if they guarantee me it’s the same way for Jacobs. I don’t understand because I have nothing official for the fight.”
Either way, Chavez is scheduled to meet with the NSAC on November 20, and his scheduled super middleweight fight with former middleweight champion Daniel Jacobs the next month is in trouble.
Chavez competed for the first time in two years in August, scoring a first-round knockout of Evert Bravo.
Should Chavez be unavailable for December 20, Jacobs is expected to face Gabe Rosado.
Original Story: Boxing Scene