Cody Garbrandt Needs New Opponent For UFC Fight Night 211
Rani Yahya has been forced to drop out of the match for the second time in a row against Cody Garbrandt.
Yahya (28-10-1) withdrew from his October 1 UFC Fight Night 211 matchup against Garbrandt (12-5) for unspecified reasons. It’s unclear if Garbrandt will stay on the roster.
Following an original report from Eurosport NL, MMA Junkie was notified of the withdrawal by a source with knowledge of the contest.
Initially scheduled for UFC on ESPN 39 on July 9, Garbrandt and Yahya withdrew because of Yahya’s neck issue.
After a disappointing attempt at flyweight, when Kai Kara-France defeated him at UFC 269 in December, Garbrandt was slated to make a comeback to 135 pounds.
The former bantamweight champion has suffered five defeats in his last six fights. In that time, he had only one victory, a knockout victory against Raphael Assuncao in June 2020.
Yahya has two straight victories. In March 2021, he submitted Ray Rodriguez, and in November of last year, he won by unanimous decision over Kyung-Ho Kang.
The new lineup for UFC Fight Night 211 includes:
- Mackenzie Dern vs. Yan Xioanan
- Chris Daukaus vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik
- Brendan Allen vs. Krzysztof Jotko
- Randy Brown vs. Francisco Trinaldo
- Ilir Latifi vs. Aleksei Oleinik
- Jessica Penne Tabatha Ricci
- Guido Cannetti vs. Randy Costa
- Chelsea Chandler vs. Julija Stoliarenko
- John Castaneda vs. Daniel Santos
- Cody Garbrandt vs. TBA
- Raoni Barcelos vs. Trevin Jones
- Jesse Ronson vs. Joaquim Silva
- Viacheslav Borshchev vs. Mike Davis
- Don Shainis vs. Sodiq Yusuff