Dana: McGregor-Mayweather Rematch Only Happens In MMA

Following teasing videos, swirling rumors, and never ending conversations about a potential rematch, UFC President Dana White spoke on whether or not a Floyd Mayweather and Conor McGregor rematch will happen in 2018.

Last week the rumors picked up steam when Mayweather posted videos to Instagram of him walking into an MMA cage, and was discussing a possible MMA fight with Showtime sports executive, Stephen Espinoza. Now White on FS1’s UFC Tonight claimed that a rematch between the undefeated boxer and McGregor would only go down inside the Octagon.

“Obviously, he only way making that fight again makes any sense is if he comes over to the Octagon,” White said. “We went over and boxed him, the UFC and Conor McGregor. And now it’s time for him to reciprocate and come fight in the Octagon.”

And with Gareth A. Davies reporting on Wednesday that a fight between the two is looking to happen under MMA rules, White is letting the chips fall where they may at this point.

“Floyd said leading up to the fight with Conor that he would do both,” White said. “So we’ll see what happens.”

 

Original Story: MMA Fighting

You might also like