Dana White Issues Warning to McGregor

UFC President Dana White was predictably not thrilled with Conor McGregor’s comments on Saturday. After the Irish star slammed the UFC (and everyone else) and then said he would make the fight with Floyd Mayweather with or without the UFC, White issued McGregor a stern warning.

Ahead of a live Q&A in Manchester, McGregor posted an Instagram photo with a caption that ruffled feathers before his talk even began:

"I’m so made!" he wrote. "Heading to do a Q and A in front of 5000 fans. You read that right. That’s more than UFC attendance tonight. And it’s on PPV at http:www.notoriouslive.co F*ck the UFC. F*ck Floyd. F*ck boxing. F*ck the WWE. F*ck Hollywood. And f*ck you too, pay me."

During the interview, McGregor said that he felt it was in the best interest for the UFC to be involved in his fight with Mayweather, but he did not rule out the possibility of him pursuing the fight without their input.

After UFC on FOX: Denver, White participated in a short press conference, during which he was asked to respond to McGregor’s comments.

"I’ve always shown Conor nothing but respect," White said, "and if he wants to down that road with us, let me tell you – it’ll be an epic fall."

White previously made an offer of $25 million to both Mayweather and McGregor to make the fight, which adds validity to the bout but reinforces that the UFC President believes the fight cannot get made without him being in charge. It appears McGregor (and certainly Mayweather) have other plans.

You might also like
By using our site you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Cookie Policy, Privacy Policy, and our Terms of Service. X

SIGN UP NOW!

Breaking News And Highlights Around Boxing, MMA, Kickboxing, Martial Arts and more!

By signing up, you agree to comply with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.