UFC President Dana White isn’t surprised by Francis Ngannou’s callout of Tyson Fury.
At the UFC Vegas 46 post-fight press conference on Saturday, White was asked on the update of Ngannou’s almost-finished contract with the promotion and his thoughts on Ngannou and Fury – the WBC boxing heavyweight champion – meeting one another for a fight.
“I don’t know,” White said of Ngannou’s contract.
“Listen, it’s not like we haven’t been in this position before. It happens sometimes, you know? And we’ll see how it plays out. It doesn’t matter. He’s going to fight on Saturday and whatever happens is going to happen.”
Ngannou has been in limbo with his contract with the UFC.
Aside from previous disagreements between Ngannou’s management and White, Ngannou has also demanded his new contract include an exception to box. He also previously stated he won’t be fighting for $500,000 or $600,000 anymore.
Two weeks ago, Ngannou’s dream to box became a little more possible when Fury tweeted a poster of him and Ngannou, asking who would like to see this fight happen.
— TYSON FURY (@Tyson_Fury) January 6, 2022
“Listen man, these guys … none of this surprises me,” White said.
“It’s like these boxing guys need guys to fight. You know what I mean? And yeah, no, it doesn’t surprise me at all.”
Ngannou will make his eighth appearance his eight-fight contract on Saturday against interim champ Ciryl Gane. Whether Ngannou wins or loses could determine if he’ll return to the UFC or move on.