Derek Brunson Vs. Jared Cannonier Pushed To February
Fans will have to wait a bit longer to see Derek Brunson and Jared Cannonier fight.
The matchup has been moved to UFC 271 on February 12, ESPN reported. The event will be headlined by Israel Adesanya and Robert Whittaker, which will be held at the Toyota Center in Houston, Texas.
The winner of the contest will set them up as a No. 1 contender to face the winner of Adesanya vs. Whittaker II.
Brunson and Cannonier each have great chances for a championship opportunity.
Brunsonis now on a five-fight winning streak, most recently stopping former UFC championship challenger Darren Till in September.
In August, Cannonier defeated Kelvin Gastelum, giving him four victories in his past five contests. The only loss he has was against Robert Whittaker after a three-round battle.
Check out the rest of the card down below:
- Israel Adesanya vs. Robert Whittaker – 185 lbs
- Jared Cannonier vs. Derek Brunson – 185 lbs
- Vinc Pichel vs. Mark O. Madsen – 155 lbs
- D. Silva de Andrade vs. Sergey Morozov – 135 lbs
- Jacob Malkoun vs. AJ Dobson – 185 lbs
- Kyler Phillips vs. Marcelo Rojo – 135 lbs
- A. Hernandez vs. Renato Moicano – 155 lbs
- Roxanne Modafferi vs. Casey O’Neill – 125 lbs
- Carlos Ulberg vs. Fabio Cherant – 205 lbs
- Mike Mathetha vs. Orion Cosce – 170 lbs
- Ronnie Lawrence vs. Mana Martinez – 135 lbs
- Ed Herman vs. Maxim Grishin – 205 lbs
- Alex Perez vs. Matt Schnell – 125 lbs