Diaz-Poirier Argue Over UFC 230 Fight
Earlier this week it seemed that Nate Diaz and Dustin Poirier were looking to make their UFC 230 fight for the yet to be made 165 pound title, even though Dana White claimed that it wasn’t going to happen.
Less than a week later, Nate Diaz is claiming that the UFC told him that Poirier isn’t interested in fighting for the yet to exist 165 pound title, making him want to walk from the fight.
Ufc just told me that Dustin doesn’t want to fight at 165lbs
I b bak next year …✌🏼
— Nathan Diaz (@NateDiaz209) September 28, 2018
“The Diamond” quickly refuted any of what Diaz said, by taking to his own Twitter account.
Hold that noise. I’m 100% down https://t.co/tucv55JMqi
— The Diamond (@DustinPoirier) September 28, 2018
Diaz has threatened to pull out of his fight at Madison Square Garden as soon as it was announced, due to being “upstaged” by Conor McGregor’s return at UFC 229 at a press conference at UFC 228.
As of this story’s publishing, the fight is still set to happen on November 3rd in New York City.