Diego Ferreira Out Of UFC Fight Night 193 Due To Injury
Injury has hindered another fighter to pull out of a UFC fight card.
Diego Ferreira has pulled out of UFC Fight Night 193 due to injury. He was scheduled to face Grant Dawson on October 2, but now the bout will no longer take place on that date.
Ferreira (17-4 MMA, 8-4 UFC) has been a member of the UFC since 2014.
He had a great start of back-to-back wins, but after that, he suffered defeat against current No. 3 ranked lightweight, Beneil Dariush and No. 1 ranked contender and next title challenger Dustin Poirier.
After suffering a first-round KO loss against Poirier, he won six battles in a row. But then he suffered defeat in his rematch with Dariush and a TKO loss against Gregor Gillespie.
Dawson (17-1 MMA, 5-0 UFC) is undefeated in the UFC.
He fought five times and earned victories in all of them. The last time he graced the octagon was at UFC on ESPN 21, against Leonardo Santos.
He defeated his rival via KO just before one second from the third-round bell. His victories are mostly via submissions (11 submission wins out of 17 victories).
UFC Fight Night 193 is going to take place in UFC Apex, Las Vegas, Nevada. The main event is going to be a light-heavyweight clash between Thiago Santos and Johnny Walker.
Here’s the updated lineup:
- Thiago Santosvs. Johnny Walker 205 lbs
- Kevin Hollandvs. Kyle Daukaus 185 lbs
- Aspen Laddvs. Macy Chiasson 135 lbs
- A. Hernandezvs. Leonardo Santos 155 lbs
- Misha Cirkunovvs. Krzysztof Jotko 185 lbs
- Joe Soleckivs. Jared Gordon 155 lbs
- Karol Rosavs. Bethe Correia 135 lbs
- Douglas Andradevs. Gaetano Pirrello 135 lbs
- Jamie Mullarkeyvs. Devonte Smith 155 lbs
- Alejandro Perezvs. Johnny Eduardo 135 lbs
- Niko Pricevs. Alex Oliveira 170 lbs
- A. Shevchenkovs. Casey O’Neill 125 lbs