Don King Outbids Frank Warren For Trevor Bryan-Daniel Dubois Title Fight

Just when some people may have forgotten about Don King, he landed a winning purse bid.

The 90-year-old promoter won the purse bid for the WBA “regular” heavyweight title fight between his fighter Trevor Bryan and British contender Daniel Dubois.

King bid $3,116,001 for the promotional rights, which beat out Dubois’ promoter, Frank Warren and Queensberry Promotions, who had bid $2,503,000, according to Jake Donovan.

June 18 is a proposed date for the fight to take place in either London, New York or South Florida, as listed in King’s bid.

Bryan (22-0, 15 KOs) is entitled to 55 percent of the purse money while Dubois (17-1, 16 KOs) will receive the remaining 45 percent. That would equal to about $1,713,800 for Bryan and $1,402,200 for Dubois.

Bryan is coming off a split decision win against Jonathan Guidry. Dubois will get into the fight with a first round stoppage of Joe Cusumano under his belt.

The Bryan-Dubois fight must happen by July 28.

You might also like

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More