Eagle FC 44: Sergei Kharitonov TKOs Tyrone Spong, Rashad Evans Makes Successful Return
Eagle FC 44 made its debut in the U.S. and had some notable wins.
The headlining fight was held between experienced fighter Sergei Kharitonov and Tyrone Spong. Kharitonov, a Russian fighter, earned a TKO victory in the second-round after serving massive ground and pound to his rival in the main event.
Rashad Evans made his “debut” once again after retiring for four years. He earned a fantastic victory via unanimous decision against Gabriel Checco who has experience fighting in promotions like LFA.
Another great fighter was Ray Borg, a former UFC title challenger. He fought in the UFC for six years before leaving in 2020.
On Saturday, Borg defeated another former UFC fighter, Cody Gibson, who was on a three-fight winning streak.
Here’s the rest of the results down below:
· Sergei Kharitonov def Tyrone Spong KO/TKO, 2:55 R2
· Rashad Evans def Gabriel Checco Unanimous Dec
· Ray Borg def Cody Gibson Unanimous Dec
· R. Kuramagomedov def John Howard Unanimous Dec
· R. Magomedaliev def Anthony Njokuani KO/TKO, 2:49 R1
· Dylan Salvador def Arman Ospanov KO/TKO, 5:00 R2
· Yorgan De Castro def Shaun Asher Sub, 1:04 R1
· Demarques Jackson def Miles Hunsinger KO/TKO, 0:54 R1
· Shawn Bunch def Firdavs Khasanov Unanimous Dec
· Loik Radzhabov def Zach Zane Sub, 3:23 R1