Eagle FC 46: Kevin Lee Wins Unanimous Decision Over Diego Sanchez Despite Leg Injury
Kevin Lee made a successful return to MMA.
On Friday night, Eagle FC 46 took place at FLXCast Arena in Miami, Florida. The main event featured two former UFC fighters, Lee (19-7-0) and Diego Sanchez (30-14-0).
This fight was held at 165 pounds, which is a new weight category created by Khabib Nurmagomedov, the president of the promotion.
In the first round, Lee damaged the front of his left leg. It was evident that he was hurt, but he powered through it. He was landing counter combinations, but most of the success he found was on the ground.
Sanchez was changing his stances and was landing several great kicks. He landed some of the liver kicks and attacked Lee’s front leg, but it was not enough.
Lee won the fight via unanimous decision.
Russian fighter Rizvan Kuniev (11-2-0) left no chances for former UFC fighter Anthony Hamilton (18-11-0) in the co-main event.
The 41-year-old American could not defend himself from the Russian’s grappling and suffered submission loss in the first round.
Experienced former UFC fighter Ray Borg (16-5-0, 7-5 in the UFC) earned a split decision victory against former Bellator fighter Ricky Bandejas (15-7-0).
Impa Kasanganay suffered a split decision loss against Dagestan fighter Raimond Magomedaliev (10-1-0), another former UFC fighter.
After leaving UFC, Irwin Rivera made a great promotional debut and earned a second-round TKO victory against Uzbekistan fighter Firdavs Khasanov (6-4-0).
Check out the rest of the results down below:
- Kevin Lee def Diego Sanchez Unanimous Dec
- Rizvan Kuniev def Anthony Hamilton Sub, 1:17 R1
- Ray Borg def Ricky Bandejas Split Dec
- H. Ferreira def Zach Juusola Unanimous Dec
- R. Magomedaliev def Impa Kasanganay Split Dec
- Ikram Aliskerov def Nah-shon Burrell Unanimous Dec
- Irwin Rivera def Firdavs Khasanov KO/TKO, 4:48 R2
- Archie Colgan def Dylan Mantello Unanimous Dec
- Tyler Ray def Thomas Webb Unanimous Dec
- Sitik Muduev def Caio Uruguai Unanimous Dec
- Ryder Newman def Manny Walo Split Dec