Eddie Hearn Reveals That Discussions Have Taken Place For A Mega Fight Between Anthony Joshua And Francis Ngannou-‘One Of The Biggest Fights That Could Be Made’
Ngannou Targets Boxing Debut In July
Eddie Hearn has announced that he has spoken to former UFC heavyweight champion Francis Ngannou for a mega-blockbuster fight with Anthony Joshua.
Ngannou severed ties with the UFC after an extended dispute over a contractual agreement. As of now, he is at liberty to take any route he desires. In response, the UFC immediately scheduled a battle between Jon Jones and Ciryl Gane for the vacant championship title.
Ngannou has since then shared that he desires to launch his boxing career in July. A fight with either Joshua or Tyson Fury would be his desired first fight.
With that being said, Hearn is attempting to get ahead of Fury and has already held talks with Ngannou about the possibility of facing Joshua.
When speaking to Ariel Helwani on The MMA Hour, Hearn said:
“Yes [I’ve talked to Francis Ngannou], I think he’s an outstanding man. I always talk too much, and I don’t want to talk too much about what was said
“We’ll see what happens. For me, we would love to be involved in his career. The Anthony Joshua fight is just probably one of the biggest fights that could be made across any kind of sport.
While that is a mouthwatering prospect, Joshua’s road to redemption starts against Jermaine Franklin following reports that a bout has been finalised for Saturday, 1st April 2023. And after back-to-back defeats against Oleksandr Usyk, Joshua has plenty of hurdles closer to home.