Another mega-fight is getting closer to happening.
Errol Spence Jr and Terence Crawford have agreed to all material terms for an undisputed welterweight title fight, targeted for November 19 in Las Vegas, ESPN reported. But sources have added that the deal has not been signed yet because lawyers are reportedly cleaning up the legal language.
The deal includes a rematch clause that the loser will have the right to exercise, a source said. If the clause is triggered, the winner will earn the majority of revenue.
Boxing fans have been waiting for more news on this undisputed fight ever since Spence defeated Yordenis Ugas in April, adding the WBA super world welterweight title to his collection. At that point, it had been five months since Crawford defeated Shawn Porter and left Top Rank to pursue fights that he’s been wanting – which includes Spence.
“Now everybody’s saying that Errol’s back and he’s 100 percent ready. So now is the perfect time for me and him to fight,” Crawford told ESPN in April.
“He called me out, so it ain’t no backing up.”
Spence was in attendance for Gervonta Davis’ win over Rolando Romero at the Barclays Center in May. There, Spence told FIGHT SPORTS that Crawford is the only fight he wants right now, but if it doesn’t happen, it’s not his fault.