Floyd Mayweather Jr. might have retired from sports long ago, but he still manages to keep himself busy by booking exhibition bouts every now and then.
The former multi-division boxing champ will be fighting for the second time in Japan this month on September 25 against another regional mixed martial artist, Mikuru Asakura as a part of the RIZIN card.
Mayweather-Asakura matchup was already making rounds on social media, with Mayweather nodding positively of the possible matchup on several media appearances.
Mayweather fought under the banner of RIZIN back in 2018 where he wasted little time and demolished an 18-year-old Tenshin Nasukawa in the first round, and walked away with a big payday.
Following that victory, Mayweather was able to secure another lucrative eight-round exhibition against social influencer turned boxing enthusiast, Logan Paul, but this time as a part of Showtime PPV.
Now Mayweather’s upcoming opponent, Asakura will enter into this boxing bout with a record of 16 wins and three losses with one no-contest.
Here’s the fight card for RIZIN 38:
- Hiromasa Ogikubo vs. Kim Soo-chul
- Kyoji Horiguchi vs. Yuto ‘Kintaro’ Hokamura
- Kyohei Hagiwara vs. Chihiro Suzuki
- Juri Ohara vs. Luiz Gustavo
- Shoma Shibisai vs. Cally Gibrainn de Oliveira
- Super RIZIN
- Floyd Mayweather vs. Mikuru Asakura (boxing exhibition)
- Yoshinari Nadaka vs. So Trakunpet Bandasak (kickboxing bout)