Cedric Doumbe, the French former Glory Kickboxing champion, will make his UFC debut in Paris.
It took only two professional MMA victories for Doumbe to become a UFC athlete, debuting in his hometown of Paris.
Doumbe will square off against Darian Weeks at UFC Fight Night on September 3 at the Accor Arena in Paris.
Sherdog first reported the news. The booking was verified to MMA Junkie.
Doumbe made his professional MMA debut in November of 2021 and earned the second victory around two weeks ago at MMAGP, where he earned a TKO victory after a doctor stoppage.
Weeks (5-2 MMA, 0-2 UFC) will be attempting to get his first octagon victory. At UFC 273 in April, the 28-year-old lost by unanimous decision to Ian Garry and, most recently, Bryan Barberena.
Check out the rest of the projected card below:
- Ciryl Gane vs. Tai Tuivasa
- Marvin Vettori vs. Robert Whittaker
- Joaquin Buckley vs. Nassourdine Imavov
- Absupiyan Magomedov vs. Makhmud Muradov
- Zarah Fairn vs. Ailin Perez
- Alessio Di Chirico vs. Roman Kopylov
- Nasrat Haqparast vs. John Makdessi
- Joel Alvarez vs. Magomed Mustafaev
- Taylor Lapilus vs. Khalid Taha
- Christos Giagos vs. Benoit Saint-Denis
- Cedric Doumbe vs. Darrian Weeks