Francis Ngannou Not Interested In Fighting Jon Jones Anymore

Francis Ngannou is moving on.

Ngannou successfully defended his UFC heavyweight championship belt against interim champ Ciryl Gane on Saturday. A number of fans suspected former light heavyweight champion Jon Jones would be next in line, but Ngannou dismissed the possibility.

“No, I’m done with that fight,” Ngannou said.

“I’ve been waiting for that fight for so long. After Stipe [Miocic], it was supposed to be Jon Jones and that never happened. I don’t know why. So I moved on.”

Even UFC President Dana White was questioned about Jones’ spot in line for a shot at the heavyweight crown, but he wasn’t sure either.

“I don’t feel confident saying that Jon Jones is next,” White previously said.

“Not because I think he’s unreliable, it’s because I honestly don’t know what Jon Jones wants to do next. I think Jon’s going to watch this fight, and he’ll decide. Maybe he doesn’t fight at heavyweight. Maybe he goes back and tries to regain the light heavyweight championship. I honestly don’t know the answer to that question.”

And staying home is what Jones did for UFC 270. It was clear, however, that he did tune in.

As a next move, Ngannou aims to test his powers against boxing heavyweight champion Tyson Fury.

On Saturday, at UFC 270, Gane did a great job and earned the first two rounds, but Ngannou showed great fighting IQ and development himself since the third round. He used his wrestling and jiu-jitsu skills to earn the last three rounds and earned the first-ever decision victory.

You might also like

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

buy ivermectin for humans ivermectin for sale