Georgi Karakhanyan Replaces Adam Piccolotti for Bellator 266
Georgi Karakhanyan is stepping in on short notice for Bellator 266.
Adam Piccolotti was the original matchup for Saul Rogers, but Piccolotti was forced out of the event. The reason is unclear.
Instead, Karakhanyan (31-11-1 MMA, 9-9 BMMA) will face off against Rogers (14-4 MMA, 2-2 BMMA) on the card, which is headlining MMA veterans Yoel Romero and Phil Davis on September 18 in San Jose, California.
The last time Karakhanyan fought was at Bellator 263 against a prospect from Dublin, Ireland. He won via submission arm-triangle choke at the end of the first round. He is on a two-fight winning streak in Bellator.
Rogers could be labeled a dangerous prospect.
He defeated current UFC fighters like Billie Quarantillo and one of the most dangerous Brazilian jiu-jitsu fighters in the UFC, Ryan Hall.
Nine out of his 14 victories are via submissions. He also suffered three submission losses in his professional MMA career.
The last time Rogers fought was against Mads Burnell at Bellator 257 where he suffered a loss in the second round via submission rear-naked choke.
Check out the rest of the card down below:
- Yoel Romero vs. Phil Davis 205 lbs.
- Neiman Gracie vs. Mark Lemminger 170 lbs.
- DeAnna Bennett vs. Alejandra Lara 125 lbs.
- Grant Neal vs. Alex Polizzi 205 lbs.
- Christian Edwards vs. Ben Parrish 205 lbs.
- K. Murtazaliev vs. Travis Davis 185 lbs.
- Abraham Vaesau vs. Albert Gonzales 175 lbs.
- S. Hernandez vs. Pedro Juarez 145 lbs.
- Bobby Seronio III vs. Erin Hunter 135 lbs.