Gervonta “Tank” Davis can fight this weekend.
The question has been floating ever since his arrest last week, but according to Boxing Scene, the 28-year-old has entered a “Not Guilty” plea for his domestic violence charge. The case remains active in Broward County, Florida, but he is reportedly cleared to fight this weekend.
The case stems from an allegation that says he hit the mother of his younger daughter, leaving a cut on the inside of her right lip.
He was arrested on December 27, but was released the next day after posting a $1,000 bond.
Davis went to social media – in a now-deleted post – and has claimed his innocence. The authorities are still choosing to keep the case open.
“Subject to receiving a copy of the charges herein, and further subject to filing defensive motions… the Defendant waives reading of the charging document and respectfully enters a plea of not guilty to those charges,” Susan Bozorgi, legal counsel for Davis stated to the County Court of the 17th Judicial Circuit in Broward County via a copy of obtained by Boxing Scene.
“The Defendant respectfully requests trial by jury herein.”
A court date has yet to be assigned for the case.
In a separate incident, Davis is still due to stand trial on February 16 in his Baltimore hometown. He faces 14 misdemeanor charges for an alleged November 2020 hit-and-run.
For Davis, he was never worried that Saturday’s fight against Hector Luis Garcia – a prelude fight to Ryan Garcia – wasn’t happening.
“I wasn’t worried,” Davis said. “I just wanted to clear my name. That’s it. That’s it.”