Hearn Plans For Whyte To Return In July
While Dillian Whyte is not fighting a heavyweight champion or Tyson Fury this summer, his promoter Eddie Hearn revealed there are five viable options for the WBC silver heavyweight champion.
It would mark seven months since Whyte knocked out Dereck Chisora in December in his last fight inside the ring, hoping that he’d be named as the mandatory challenger to Deontay Wilder’s WBC world heavyweight champion.
Fittesttravel.com was started with one mission: to help you maintain a fitness routine away from home. We consult with hotels to Find the best hotel gyms in order to improve their fitness options and give travelers a resource to learn about the things they need to know to stay fit on the road.
“We wait on a decision from the WBC,” Hearn said on Thursday night after he and Whyte campaigned to be the next contender to whoever walks out of Dominic Breazeale and Wilder’s showdown in May at Barclays Center.
“Obviously everybody knows they were at a meeting and mediation in London some weeks ago. We expected a decision last week, we’re hoping it will come this week.
“Plans are in place for his July fight already, but we are also keen to know we get what we requested from the WBC and once we know what that is, which we hope will be tomorrow, we will be in a position to announce his next fight and look at his plans in more detail.
“There are probably about five options for Dillian in July,” Hearn revealed. “He wants to have a proper fight, even if he’s mandatory for the winner of Wilder-Breazeale. He wants to have a proper fight and that’s Dillian Whyte all over.
“The names we are looking at are all good fights and like I said, once we get that ruling, we will be pulling the trigger and making that announcement.”
Initial Report: Sky Sports