Here’s Who’s Fighting At UFC 277: Julianna Pena Vs. Amanda Nunes II
UFC 277 is finalized with two title fights.
For the main event of the night, Julianna Pena will defend her belt for the first time in a rematch with Amanda Nunes, who she famously snagged the title from. In the co-main event, Kai Kara France and Brendon Moreno will fight for the interim title.
In their first appearance, Pena dethroned reigning bantamweight champion Nunes by serving a second-round submission loss.
Moreno became the first Mexican-born fighter to win a UFC title when he overcame Deiveson Figueiredo by submission in June 2021. But Moreno was unable to hold onto the crown, losing it to Figueiredo in January at UFC 270 by unanimous decision.
Now, Moreno is looking for a second chance while France is looking for his first shot.
Derrick Lewis is back in business against Russian fighter Sergei Pavlovich. Lewis suffered a knockout loss in his latest bout against Tai Tuivasa and now will try to be back in the title run.
On the other hand, Pavlovich will try to earn the fourth victory in a row and climb to the top rankings of the UFC heavyweight division.
Also on the undercard, Magomed Ankalaev will test his powers against one of the most dangerous light heavyweights, Anthony Smith.
Alexandre Pantoja will try to guarantee himself as the next title challenger if he defeats Alex Perez, but Perez is willing to earn the title shot, too.
Check out the rest of the card below:
- Julianna Peña vs. Amanda Nunes135 lbs
- Brandon Moreno vs. Kai Kara-France125 lbs
- Derrick Lewis vs. Sergei Pavlovich265 lbs
- Alexandre Pantoja vs. Alex Perez125 lbs
- Magomed Ankalaev vs. Anthony Smith205 lbs
- Drew Dober vs. Rafael Alves155 lbs
- Justin Tafa vs. Don’Tale Mayes265 lbs
- Alex Morono vs. Matt Semelsberger170 lbs
- Drakkar Klose vs. Diego Ferreira155 lbs
- Ramiz Brahimaj vs. Michael Morales170 lbs
- Ji Yeon Kim vs. Mariya Agapova125 lbs
- I. Bahamondes vs. Ľudovít Klein155 lbs
- Nick Negumereanu vs. Ihor Potieria205 lbs
- Orion Cosce vs. Blood Diamond170 lbs