Here’s Who’s On PFL’s April 28 Card Lineups
The PFL 2022 regular season is all set to kick off this April with lineups coming in fast for the fresh season.
The promotion has shaped the roster for the featherweight and heavyweight divisions for the upcoming season with some familiar faces missing out on this occasion.
The featherweights and heavyweight seasons kick off on April 28 at Esports Stadium Arlington in Arlington, Texas, with ESPN2 (main card) and ESPN+ (preliminary card) bragging the rights to telecast the respective portions.
The card is headlined by heavyweight champion Bruno Cappelozza who will be defending his crown against the emerging Brit, Stuart Austin. Cappelozza (14-5, 13 KOs) has been undefeated in the league and will be looking to further stamp his authority, emerging as the first two-time PFL heavyweight champion.
Last season’s 145-pound tournament winner Movlid Khaybulaev is sidelined for the whole season after suffering an injury the league announced this Tuesday. But despite the Russian’s absence, the promotion was able to assemble the 10-man rosters both for its featherweight and heavyweight fields.
In the heavyweight division, the former UFC champion Fabricio Werdum, who appeared in the 2021 season, is noticeably missing from the roster with the exact reasons yet to be disclosed by the league. He recently announced that he is considering retirement.
But despite some notable absences, the upcoming season will see some renowned names getting another shot at a PFL title and a $1,000,000 prize.
At featherweight, two-time league champion Lance Palmer, 2021 finalist Chris Wad, and 2021 semifinalists Brendan Loughnane and Bubba Jenkins will be in action in quest of the prestigious prize.
While 2019 champion Ali Isaev, who was unable to compete in the 2021 season, as well as returning fighters Ante Delija, Denis Goltsov, and Jamelle Jones will look to dethrone Cappelozza in the heavyweight division.
Here are the lineups for the heavyweight and featherweight rosters for the 28 April card:
Main Card (ESPN2, 9 p.m. ET)
- Bruno Cappelozza (14-5) vs. Stuart Austin (15-7) — heavyweight
- Brendan Loughnane (21-4) vs, Ryoji Kudo (10-2-1) — featherweight
- Ante Delija (19-5) vs. Matheus Scheffel (15-7) — heavyweight
- Renan Ferreira (8-2, 1 NC) vs. Jamelle Jones (12-7) — heavyweight
Preliminaries (ESPN+, 5:30 p.m. ET)
- Lance Palmer (22-5) vs. Chris Wade (20-7) — featherweight
- Bubba Jenkins (16-5) vs. Jo Sungbin (9-2) — featherweight
- Denis Goltsov (27-7) vs. Sam Kei (8-5) — heavyweight
- Ali Isaev (9-0) vs. Klidson Abreu (15-5, 1 NC) — heavyweight
- Sheymon Moraes (13-5) vs. Boston Salmon (8-3) — featherweight
- Alejandro Flores (20-3) vs. Saba Bolaghi (14-2-1) — featherweight