Some of the most exciting fights have come from the UFC’s featherweight division. A stacked division, several fighters are waiting for their chance to hold gold. Only a select few can call themselves UFC Featherweight Champion. The UFC has decided to rewind it back to all the former champions within the division.
Via the video above, check out who has held the UFC Featherweight Title. Moments include:
- Jose Aldo becoming champion in 2010 after a run as WEC Featherweight Champion. His first defense of the title was also shown against Mark Hominick at UFC 129.
- Conor McGregor taking out Chad Mendes for the interim Featherweight Title at UFC 189.
- One of the most memorable fights in UFC history, as McGregor took out Aldo at UFC 194 in just 13 seconds. The fight ended an over 1,848-day reign for Aldo, as well as an 18-fight win streak.
- Aldo beating Frankie Edgar to become interim champion at UFC 200 after McGregor was not involved. McGregor would end up getting stripped of the title after winning the UFC Lightweight Title.
- Max Holloway beating Anthony Pettis to become interim champion at UFC 206. He then beat Aldo at UFC 212 to become the undisputed champion.
- After three title defenses and 14 wins in a row within the featherweight division, Holloway lost to Alexander Volkanovski via unanimous decision at UFC 245.
Volkanovski is expected to defend the UFC Featherweight Title in a rematch against Holloway at UFC 241 on July 11. The fight will take place on Yas Island in Abu Dhabi.