Ilir Latifi Vs. Alexander Romanov Added To February UFC Fight Night Card
Dana White and the UFC are already preparing events for a jam-packed first quarter of 2022, and the promotion’s matchmakers have recently added a heavyweight battle.
Ilir Latifi (16-8), a long-time UFC veteran, will meet big man Alexander Romanov (15-0) in a Fight Night event on February 19 at an undisclosed location.
In Latifi’s last contest, he halted a three-fight losing streak by defeating Tanner Boser through split decision.
Latifi had previously lost three consecutive fights against Corey Anderson, Volkan Oezdemir and Derrick Lewis.
Romanov has been on a tear since his pro debut six years ago, winning 14 of 16 fights by stoppage including six knockouts and eight submissions. He has knocked out all four of his UFC opponents.
No main event has been scheduled yet, but here’s the other confirmed bouts.
- Kyle Daukaus vs. Julian Marquez – 185 lbs
- Alexander Romanov vs. Ilir Latifi – 265 lbs
- Jesse Strader vs. Chad Anheliger – 135 lbs
- Austin Lingo vs. Jonathan Pearce – 145 lbs
- Chas Skelly vs. Mark Striegl – 145 lbs
- Mario Bautista vs. Khalid Taha – 135 lbs
- Nasrat Haqparast vs. John Makdessi – 155 lbs
- Diana Belbiţă vs. Gloria de Paula – 115 lbs
- J. Clark vs. Stephanie Egger – 135 lbs