Jan Blachowicz Returns Vs. Magomed Ankalaev At UFC 282
A crucial light heavyweight fight between Jan Blachowicz and Magomed Ankalaev is set.
On December 10 at UFC 282 at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, former champion Blachowicz (29-9 MMA, 12-6 UFC) will square off against Ankalaev (18-1 MMA, 9-1 UFC).
The booking was confirmed to MMA Junkie by a source with knowledge of the fight. ESPN initially reported the news.
Blachowicz bounced back with a TKO victory over Aleksandar Rakic at UFC on ESPN 36 in May after losing the light heavyweight title to Glover Teixeira at UFC 267 in October 2021.
After the first two rounds were evenly split, Rakic’s knee buckled in the third, forcing the bout to be stopped and giving Blachowicz the TKO victory.
After winning nine consecutive matches, Ankalaev will try to earn a title shot. The Dagestani fighter recently defeated Anthony Smith via TKO at UFC 277 after defeating former championship contender Thiago Santos twice in a row.
The UFC 282 lineup now includes:
- Robbie Lawler vs. Santiago Ponzinibbio
- Dricus Du Plessis vs. Darren Till
- Chris Daukaus vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik
- Joaquin Buckley vs. Chris Curtis
- Dalcha Lungiambula vs. Edmen Shahbazyan
- Alexander Hernandez vs. Billy Quarantillo
- TJ Brown vs. Erik Silva
- Vinicius Salvador vs. Daniel da Silva
- Bo Nickal vs. Jamie Pickett
- Ronnie Lawrence vs. Cameron Saaiman
- Magomed Ankalaev vs. Jan Blachowicz