Jeremy Stephens Will Make PFL Debut Against Clay Collard In April
UFC veteran Jeremy Stephens will make his PFL debut after leaving the UFC.
He will face Clay Collard on April 20 in a lightweight season opener 2022 PFL 1.
Stephens (28-19-0 and 1 NC) was one of the hardest hitters of the UFC.
He spent most of his career in the featherweight division and defeated guys like Josh Emmett, Choi Doo-ho, Darren Elkins and Rafael Dos Anjos. He was a member of the UFC since 2007.
He left the UFC after a six-fight losing streak. All of them were against top contenders like Jose Aldo (former champion), Zabit Magomedsharipov (Top contender, who is undefeated in the UFC), Yair Rodriguez (the No. 3 ranked featherweight), Calvin Cattar (the No. 5 ranked featherweight) and former double champion of KSW, Mateusz Gamrot.
Collard (20-9-0, 1 NC) held four fights in the UFC and earned only one victory in 2014-2015. After that, he held eight battles and earned six victories.
In 2021, he defeated Anthony Pettis at PFL 4 of the 2021 season. He was on a four-fight winning streak when he faced Raush Manfio (15-3-0) where he suffered a unanimous decision loss.
Check out the rest of the card below:
- Raush Manfio vs. Don Madge155 lbs
- Anthony Pettis vs. Myles Price155 lbs
- A. Júnior vs. Delan Monte205 lbs
- Clay Collard vs. Jeremy Stephens155 lbs
- Emiliano Sordi vs. Josh Silveira205 lbs
- Martin Hamlet vs. T. Aukštuolis205 lbs
- Omari Akhmedov vs. Viktor Pešta205 lbs
- Rob Wilkinson vs. Bruce Souto205 lbs
- Alex Martinez vs. Stevie Ray155 lbs