Johnson To Headline First ‘ONE Infinity Series’ Event
The growth of ONE Championship has continued, as the promotion announced a new series to go along with upcoming dates for 2020.
Dubbed ONE Infinity Series, the event will feature a mimimim of 12 world champions, superfights, celebrities and more. The press release by ONE stated it as the “world’s apex brand of martial arts events”, with multiple aspects of entertainment being brought to the Infinity Series.
“It is my pleasure to introduce ONE Infinity Series, the world’s apex brand for martial arts events,” ONE Chairman and CEO Chatri Sityodtong stated.” ONE Infinity Series is a cut above anything available anywhere on the planet. Comprising the biggest events of the year, these blockbusters represent the very best ONE Championship has to offer in terms of world championship talent, star power, martial arts skill, entertainment value, and historical importance.”
Demetrious Johnson will participate in the first event of the series. The former UFC Flyweight Champion and the current ONE Flyweight Grand Prix winner will face off against ONE Flyweight Champion Adriano Moraes in the main event. The card will be called ONE Infinity 1.
Additionally, ONE announced an updated schedule for their upcoming tour. No dates inside the United States have been announced yet. A big change is a ONE Championship event is Chongqing, China, scheduled for April 11, has been moved to April 10 and will be in Jakarta, Indonesia instead. The change was due to the coronavirus currently affecting China.
Here is the updated 2020 schedule for ONE:
- February 28 – Singapore
- March 20 – Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
- April 10 – Jakarta, Indonesia
- April 17 – Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- May 29 – Manila , Philippines
- June 5 – Jakarta, Indonesia
- June 20 – Shanghai, China
- July 3 – Singapore
- July 10 – Bangkok, Thailand
- August 14 – Manila, Philippines
- September 4 – Singapore
- September 11 – Jakarta, Indonesia
- September 18 – Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- October 2 – Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
- October 9 – Bangkok, Thailand
- October 25 – Tokyo, Japan
- October 31 – Beijing, China
- November 20 – Singapore
- December 4 – Jakarta, Indonesia
- December 11 – Manila, Philippines
- December 18 – Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia