Jorge Masvidal Arraignment Postponed To April 28

Jorge Masvidal’s arraignment has been granted a continuance in his battery case.

The reason for the continuance is unclear, but a judge granted the request of the office of State Attorney Katherine Fernandez Rundle. Masvidal is now set to appear in court on April 28.

The 37-year-old entered a written plea of not guilty last month to one count of aggravated battery and one count of criminal mischief. The charges stem from Masvidal allegedly attacking rival Colby Covington outside a Miami restaurant on March 21.

Covington was left with a fractured tooth and bruised wrist, reports said.

Masvidal was arrested by Miami police and was booked into jail on March 23. He posted a $5,000 bond and was released the same night.

The victim – Covington was not named after invoking a law that redacts it – told police that Masvidal ran up and punched him twice in the face.

If found guilty, Masvidal could face up to 15 years in prison and/or be fined $10,000.

Masvidal lost to Covington on March 5 by unanimous decision. Some conclude that Masvidal attacked Covington for talking about his family.

You might also like

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More