Jose Aldo Will Be Headlining Another UFC Event, Now Vs. Rob Font
Jose Aldo, one of the best featherweights in UFC history and former featherweight champion, will reportedly go toe-to-toe with Rob Font in a bantamweight matchup.
This will be the headliner of UFC Fight Night on December 4. Contracts have yet to be signed, but according to Combate, they are expected to be issued soon.
Both fighters are one fight away from their title shot.
Font (19-4) is on an impressive four-fight win streaks against tough matchups. After suffering a loss against Raphael Assuncao in 2018, he defeated current Bellator bantamweight champion Sergio Pettis and Ricky Simons.
The last two victories are against former title challenger Marlon Moraes and former champion Cody Garbrandt in a five-round battle.
Aldo (30-7) is aiming for another bantamweight title shot.
He faced Petr Yan in 2020 and suffered a fifth round TKO loss. He said he made a mistake while making significant steps forward in a short time. He defeated Marlon Vera and Pedro Munhoz via unanimous.
Aldo has headlined seven UFC events.
Check out the rest of the fight card:
- Rob Font vs. José Aldo 135 lbs
- Rafael Fiziev vs. Brad Riddell 155 lbs
- Matt Brown vs. Bryan Barberena 170 lbs
- Claudio Puelles vs. C. Gruetzemacher 155 lbs
- Jimmy Crute vs. Jamahal Hill 205 lbs
- Mallory Martin vs. Montserrat Ruiz 115 lbs
- Brad Tavares vs. Brendan Allen 185 lbs
- Z. Zhumagulov vs. Manel Kape 125 lbs